This robust bamboo beam has a head size of 60 x 60 mm and a standard length of 244 cm. The beam consists of carbonized bamboo strips that are glued longitudinally. The layered construction provides high stability and a unique look (two sides with a “side pressed” look and two sides with a “fully pressed” look).
Bamboo beams are ideal for structural indoor applications because of their high bending strength, tensile strength, stiffness and hardness. Unlike conventional wood, solid bamboo joists are very regular in terms of dimensions and construction, and bamboo also has no knots or outflow of resins, which makes them very easy to process.
Bamboo beams are often used for the production of window and door frames, table legs and all types of construction applications.
|Bambusarter:||Phyllostachys edulis (Moso)|
|density:||700 kg / m³|
|Brinell Hardness (HB):||≥ 4 kg / mm²|
|bending strength:||56,7 N / mm² (SP), 50,8 N / mm² (PP)|
|Modulus of elasticity:||9721 N / mm² (SP), 8866 N / mm² (PP)|
|Used class:||Class 1 (EN 335)|
|Flammable class:||EN 13501-1: Class D-s1-d0|
|Lim:||Dynea Prefere 4410 waterproof|
|Formaldehydemission:||Class E1 (<0.124 mg / m³, EN 717-1)|
|Balance MC:|| 8% at 20 ° C and 50% relative humidity
10% at 20 ° C and 65% relative humidity
|Expansion coefficient:||0.14% pr. 1% change in moisture content|
Properties and machining
- Our bamboo beams are delivered unfinished, but are easy to paint with oil or varnish for the desired look and finish.
- The color of the bamboo changes under the influence of UV radiation. The natural color becomes a little darker and the caramel color a little lighter. We recommend that bamboo joists be finished with Bamboo Topcoat , a specially developed bamboo lacquer that provides optimal protection against abrasion, stains and discoloration.
- If you want to use oil, apply it thinly. Bamboo has a dense surface and absorbs the oil less quickly. Overuse of oil can lead to differences in gloss and long drying times.
- The inner layers of solid bamboo beams consist of different bamboo strips, sometimes small holes can be visible. These holes can be closed with a filler.
- Although bamboo is tougher than oak, the beams can be machined with ordinary tools. Make sure the drilling, sawing and milling tools are sharp.
- Semi-finished products can be glued with a waterproof D3 glue for interior.